There were the semi-finals of the 2009 AFC President’s Cup past week in Bishkek. The two-time champions “Dordoi-Dynamo” hosted the Group C games, which also includes such exotic countries as Bhutan’s Yeedzin FC, Myanmar’s Kanbawza and Cambodian outfit Phnom Penh Crown FC. Our football team lost the Cup last year to the Tajik team “Regar-TadAZ”. Anyway, the matches of “Dordoi-Dynamo” were the most spectacular and professional. We won and we will take part in the final games of the 2009 AFC President’s Cup! Ole-ole-ole!
Read the full story »
Below are photos of my new home-away-from home. Also, follow my Twits @ neweurasia: http://twitter.com/neweurasia!
Yekaterinburg, Russia’s fifth largest city and birthplace of Boris Yeltsin, is not unfamiliar with controversies or media attention. Throughout its history, the city has experienced a number of rocky events including the murder of the last Romanovs and the U2 spy plane incident in 1960. Now it can add to the list the 2009 summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
Recently I’ve been in the military garrison in Balykchy city. Ministry of Defence established a training centre which serves Bishkek, Chui, Talas, Naryn and Issyk-Kul regions. This year the centre accepts third time the recruits to serve a new type of military service: recruitment mobilization reserve.
This type of service has started in Kyrgyzstan this year. Any draftee can pass it. The recruits should pay in the special account of the Ministry of Defence 120 units of account (it is 12 000 soms or about 280 USD) and choose the convenient time of service. The recruits will pass military trainings during 14 days instead of the whole year. They take the oath and receive a military ID at the 15th day. The draftees are learning military service during this time. They are receiving the base knowledge of engineering and tactical training, marching and how to use the different kinds of weapon. There are the same centre in the Osh city in the south of Kyrgyzstan.
The Ministry of Defence is carefully monitoring the service in the trainings centres. The military department hopes to eradicate the corruption in military registration offices with this kind of military service. There is no secret that many young people give bribes to get the military ID.
We will do analysis after one year. It’s probably that we will continue, the Ministry of Defence told.
Translation of the post from Russian-lnaguage neweurasia
An enigmatic beauty of our showbiz, who has recently headed a production center, and now is working on releasing this autumn two of her albums, and, without making loud statements, plans further to conquer the US.
But despite her tough schedule, our star had time to meet with neweurasia and answer our questions.
- Dilnaz, you’re called a “Veteran of Kazakhstani Showbiz” in the Big Encyclopedia of Kaznet. What do you think of this title? Do you like it or not?
- Definitely, “veteran” is not the word for me, since only such maestros, as: Roza Baglanova, Alibek Dnishev, Bibigul Tulegenova, Aigul Babayeva and etc., can be called veterans of our stage.
But, it still sometimes happens that at the concerts I am nicely announced as a “rising star of Kazakhstani showbiz”. I am pleased with both, when they call me the veteran, and the rising star. It doesn’t mater what people call you, it is important what people think of you and how they accept you.
- Nowadays, there are a lot of talks about your plans to conquer the United States. Plus, you work with Babyface is discussed. How is it going? Are the States falling for your charms? Do you have any other ideas about entering the international stage?
- It is not that simple, and I cannot tell you everything. It is my dream, which is also very personal. Once there will be time when you’ll see yourself what’s going on. I can only assure that one day my country will be proud of me.
As for Babyface – he is genius. I was incredibly happy to work with him. He is a remarkable and professional musician, singer and composer. Babyface has worked with many talented people, like Michael Jackson and Boyz II Men, for example. It was a compliment to me, when he agreed to work with me. I was very excited and, as you understand, worried about some language barrier. But music made all the worries fade away…
We recorded two songs. In one of them he just sings along with me, and it’s so cool… The album with songs in English is in the process, still in the process, and for too long time.
The reason is that I am very careful about my repertoire, and because sometimes I cannot find time for songs recording, when I’m on the tour around Kazakhstan or in the other countries. But, I think, the album will be ready for release by this autumn. At first it will be sold in the US, and then everywhere.
- Once you’ve said that you have literally no time to sleep, as you’re loaded with work. Would you tell us what are you busy with and what is in the schedule of the star?
- There is also another album planned for release this autumn. I call it Russian album, though the songs in English, Uyghur and Kazakh will be there as well. That’s why I don’t sleep enough, as I have a lot of work to do. So far I cannot do anything to sleep enough, but I am trying. I hope, soon I’ll be able to manage my time better, but at the moment I don’t have a certain schedule. One day I get up very early, another one – very late. I have to run to the meetings, office, to mange Embassy of Art, my production center. Then in the evening I go to dancing classes in La Danza premium-class dance studio, and so forth and so on. It’s indeed hard to list everything what I do.
Plus, the video with me and Sahar band, where we sing “Rain” song, will be on TV soon. We shot the video in Moscow. It was directed by famous Alexey Golubev, who I like a lot.
- You’ve got thinner, though even before you looked great. What caused such changes?
- My active life-style. I have so many things to do, and it requires both: brainwork and physical work. But I look better when I am more slender, I think …
- Is it difficult to be a producer for yourself? What difficulties and nice things you have while drifting in the showbiz by yourself?
- I am not sure about nice things, but the first problem for men in being the producer for myself, was lack of knowledge of certain rules in the show business and my extra-emotionality. These things always get in your way. Now I am able to deal with things of this kind easily. And after all, when you are a producer, everything, first of all, depends on you. It is a big responsibility.
- Once you’ve said that you are professional only in vocal art. However, recently you’ve become the president of a production company, which, as announced, will be making to-ranking stars. Have something worked out? Whether your carrier of a singer was affected by your work as a producer?
- These two things are in the same business, and at the moment I am just trying myself in it. And to some extent I have succeeded. I am proud of my small victories. For me it is a new profession, and it has only a positive effect on my singing career. Most important is not to forget being creative in everything what you do.
- How did your family influence on your career choice? It is known that one of your grandfathers was People’s Artiste of Uzbekistan and Honored Artiste of Kazakhstan, another one made musical instruments in China. Your grandmother was an actress. Your father is also People’s Artist of Kazakhstan, and your mother is an Uighur television anchor…
- Right, this is my family, and that is why everything in my life is associated with my relatives. Their blood runs in my veins. Therefore everything in my career has always been associated with them and will be in future, when I’ll have my own family. In my subjective opinion it has to be like this. My relatives are most important for me in my life.
- Have you happened to be annoyed by your fans, or maybe there are fans that became your friends? Is it possible that you would not only give your autograph to your fans, but also go out for dinner with one of them? What can your fans do to attract your attention?
- Oh, it quite a difficult question to answer. I don’t suffer from lack of socializing. Everyday I meet a lot of new people. But I have not so many friends, as I make friends only with those, who can be real friends and sincere persons. And it doesn’t matter if it is my fan or a relative of my close friend. But of course there are people annoying impolite people, but let’s not talk about bad things…
- You have your personal account in «Vkontakte.ru» social network. Do you update it personally or is it another person doing it? What social networks do you use? What are the web-sites that your visit everyday?
- I am not registered in Vkontakte. When I tried to register there, I realized that there is the account under my name. I do not know who’s registered there instead of me, but I know for sure that it is a young man, not even a girl. And to answer the last of the questions – I check my e-mail daily and visit youtube.com.
- Several years ago in the newspapers it was written that you had affairs with Ricky Martin. Also, there were rumors that there was romance between you and Enrique Iglesias, but then you said it was Fools Day joke. Have you been in true relations with famous men?
- Perhaps, it’s the most bold question that I have ever been asked by a journalist. Very popular men have been and are paying attention to me. I like simple and cheerful guys. And it also doesn’t mean that they can’t be popular persons. To answer your question I would just say that I am happy.
Photo is the courtesy of Dilnaz Akhmadieva.
Dilnaz sang in “The Magic Apple” fairytale movie in 1984, when she was only 4. At the age of six she sang famous song “Stork on the Roof” at the stage of Uighur Theater of Musical Comedy.
Her professional career of a singer started in 1996.
Her first producer was Ruslan Tokhtakhunov, then Gulvira Ilakhunova replaced him, and then Adil Zhambakiev became her producer.
Dilnaz had been singing at the most famous concert halls of Kazakhstan and other countries. Anvar Tursunov, Yelena Kigay, Alexey Maklai write lyrics, and Sergey Chik, Dilmurat Bakharov, Adil Zhambakiev and Alexey Maklai compose music for her songs.
“This Flash file doesn’t seem to be working. :( I miss Kashgar.” So went the cryptic comment on a recent photopost by Ben depicting a cattle slaughter in East Turkestan. Curious, I set about tracking down the person behind the comment, who only went by the name “Photojournalist.” I soon discovered the remarkably talented David Degner.
After reconstructing the Ala-Too square[ru] in Bishkek, the city authorities decided to clean the main streets of trade pavilions. On June 2 trade pavilions had been removed at Chui and Manas prospects intersection.
Two years ago, Leila reported rather remarkable news: according to the Mercer Cost of Living Survey, Almaty was more expensive than Los Angeles. Jumping from 52nd place in 2006 to 30th in 2007, it outranked Istanbul (38), Frankfurt (40), Los Angeles (42), Luxembourg (43), Brussels (44), Berlin (45) and Prague (49). This past July, Mercer released the results of its latest survey, in which Almaty slipped back down to the 44th rank, barely ahead of the monstrous megapolis Mumbai (48).