TOL and neweurasia seeking Russian Editor
TOL and neweurasia are seeking to hire a Editor for its “Building Blogging in Central Asia” project. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with journalism skills and experience in the post-Soviet space.
neweurasia is a citizen journalism portal for Central Asia with more than 100,000 visitors every month. Now setting off into the third year, we are looking to strengthen our editorial position with an Internet-savvy and professional individual with solid journalism experience.
The Editor will be part of neweurasia’s international team scattered across Central Asia, Europe and the United States and will play a pivotal part in developing the project in its third year. We prefer the successful applicant to be based in either Kazakhstan or Kyrgyzstan.
- directly manage diverse team of Central Asian bloggers and translators;
- provide detailed feedback and development planning for staff from an editorial/journalistic perspective;
- contribute to the Russian edition of the blog;
- ensure Russian edition of neweurasia has a strong and even output from Mondays to Fridays;
- liaise with English Editor to ensure editorial consistency across neweurasia;
- monitor developments in the Central Asian blogospheres.
- Solid and demonstrable track record in (online) journalism;
- awareness of sociopolitical situation in Central Asian countries;
- fluency in Russian and English required, local Central Asian languages a plus;
- good computer and especially Internet skills (blogging, podcasting, video blogging, photo editing);
- people management skills in a virtual work environment with minimal supervision.
This position is limited to 12 months with the potential option for extension. We foresee this position to be part-time (16-20 hours), spent during 3-5 days per week. Some travel may be required. We are looking forward to receiving your applications (CV, cover letter, writing samples in Russian) as soon as possible.
Please send your applications and questions related to the above vacancy to email@example.com