Ayollar Bekati – Women’s bus stop update
- “When my sister tries to protect her son, her husband beats her instead” — a very personal story about domestic violence
- The schoolchidren in Tajikistan are no longer sent to pick the cotton harvest
- Did Angelina Jolie broke a happy family? (about having affairs with married men)
- the story of Mukhtar Mai, a rape victim in Pakistan, and a general discussion about rape in the society — do rape victims get any aid in Uzbekistan, do the criminals get punished?
- Is abortion a sin?
- A new study that links vitamin E deficiency and astma in children
- property rights and women: The Russian pop star Jasmin has managed to get a large sum from her former husband through a court; how about Uzbek women, do they get any property/compensation when divorcing?
This blog is produced by several dedicated Uzbek women who live outside of Uzbekistan. At the moment it is not funded by anyone. Should you have any questions, please contact Shoyira at shoyiras[at]yahoo.co.uk or myself at malikabony[at]gmail.com.